At university my computer graphic professor Hartmut Schirmacher gave us an excercise to implement various effects on a sphere in webgl with shaders based on his given webgl framework. His framework made it fairly easy though. Well here it is:
The features are:
- Day and night light with smooth transition
- Day changes based on the month
- Moving clouds, which alternate in intensity over time
- Wireframe and equator ring for orientation purposes
- Specular lights based on barythmetic map
- Height based on topyographic map
Bump map(work in progress)
- Rotate with [Left click]
- Drag with [Shift] + [Left click]
- Zoom with [Alt] + [Left click]
All textures are taken from NASA’s Blue Marble collection.
This is my solution to cg2 exercersise a03.