Two of my best friends, Til and Tom, developed a music streaming server called CherryMusic (Tom’s post on Archlinux forum). It basically sets up a server that let’s you access your entire music library via your favorite browser from all your favorite devices via your favorite network.
To get started on Windows 8 (x64):
- install Python
- download and unzip CherryMusic
- [Windows Key] + [R] enterJava1cmd
and press ok
- navigate to your CherryMusic root folder
- start first run setup viaJava1python cherrymusic --setup --port 8080
- navigate with your favorite browser toJava1http://localhost:8080
- configure your own CherryMusic server for instance: set your music dictionary and your favorite server port and submit when you’re done
- navigate to “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\cherrymusic\cherrymusic.conf” and changeJava1keep_session_in_ram = False
toJava1keep_session_in_ram = True
- and finally restart your server withJava1python cherrymusic
Now you can connect to your CherryMusic server with every browser on every device (which supports HTML5 anyway) by entering the ip of your server as url.